5 Renovations That Offer the Biggest R.O.I | Prepare Your Home To Sell
Remodeling is a great way to bring your home up-to-date, adapt it to your changing lifestyle and family needs and improve its value. If you’re planning on selling, making a few basic home improvements may make your home more attractive to potential buyers. Lux lists the house upgrades that pay off and have the biggest effect on selling your home for your bottom line, or not, and their known return on investment.
5 Renovations That Offer the Biggest Returns
- A new front door. (Return on investment: 96%) Refresh your entryway, and impress potential buyers with a new front door. If your current front door is in good condition, consider painting or staining it to make it look good as new.
- A wooden deck addition. (Return on investment: 87%) Improve the indoor/outdoor versatility of your home by adding a wood deck.
- An attic bedroom. (Return on investment: 84.3%) Bedrooms are a versatile addition to a home. They can serve as a bedroom, a guest room or a home office. An attic bedroom makes use of this often underutilized space and adds value to your home.
- A new garage door. (Return on investment: 82.7%) If your garage doors are old or dated, replacing them will add value to your home. If they’re still in good shape, paint them to enhance the look of your home.
- A minor kitchen remodel. (Return on investment: 82%) The kitchen is one of the most popular renovations that homeowners tackle. A minor remodel can update the space and entice potential buyers.
3 Quick Tricks to Get Your Home Ready to Sell
- Clean and Clear. Dust the cobwebs from the ceiling and fixtures, deep clean the carpets and shine up your windows. And while you’re at it, clear away any clutter, and, store or give away unused* items.*Tip: Anything you haven’t used in the past 3 months in an unused item
- Paint. A bit of paint goes a long way to make your home shine like new. Stick with neutral tones for interior spaces so that potential buyers can see themselves in the home.
- Repair and replace. Walk through your home and look for any creaks ans cracks to repair. Replace any broken or dated fixtures, or any burnt out light bulbs, for maximum impact.
When you’re getting ready to sell your house, you should be saying to yourself, “How much is my home worth, and what can I do to increase its value?” Your home’s value depends on many factors, including its location, age, size and condition. While you may not be able to do anything about your home’s location or age, there are things that you can do to improve its size and condition and add value. Thank you for reading our researched list of house upgrades that pay off, we hope this helps! For more incredibly accurate tips on how to prepare your house for sale, see…
Keep up-to-date for free on market trends and tons of useful and accurate information to help you sell your house, and for Living in Phoenix, subscribe to our weekly blog!