Improve Your Home’s Value This Summer
One of the most common questions we hear from homeowners is “How do I improve my home’s value?” Whether you’re a new homeowner or you’ve been in your home for decades, you may wonder if there are things you can do to improve your home’s value. This information will help you improve the value of your home over time.
Your home’s value depends on many things, including, its location, age, size and condition. While you man not be able to do anything about your home’s location or age, there are plenty of home improvements that add value to your house that you can control – things that you can do to improve its size, condition and appeal, on the inside and out.
Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Curb appeal isn’t just the concern of home sellers. Even homeowners who wish to stay put are putting time and effort into maintaining the curb appeal of their homes. Since most people will only see your home from the street, how well your property is kept from the outside provides a glimpse into how well it’s maintained.
5 Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- Maintain your lawn. Mow, pull weeds and make sure your walkways are free of debris.
- Keep your hedges in check. Well-maintained hedges and shrubs improve the look of your property.
- Clean your windows and gutters. This isn’t just for aesthetics; it’s good home maintenance as well.
- Maintain your home’s exterior. Keep your home looking like new with a new coat of paint every few years, replace your roof when necessary and make repairs on time.
- Spring for new home accents. Spice things up with new house numbers, a fresh coat of paint on your shutters or colorful plants and flowers in your window boxes or garden beds.
Renovations that pay off
Remodeling is a great way to bring your home up-to-date, adapt it to your changing lifestyle and family needs and improve its value. If you’re planning on selling, making a few basic home improvements may make your home more attractive to potential buyers. If you’re not ready to sell now, some renovations still pay off by adding tremendous value to your home. See the 5 renovations that offer the biggest return on investment.
Preparing your home for sale checklist.
Selling your home, 10 common selling mistakes you do NOT want to make!
Tips for a successful open house
Keeping your home competitive – Help to sell your house
The dangers of not starting at the right price
Thank you for reading “Home improvements that add value,” we hope it helped. Feel free to leave a comment with any questions and one of our experienced Lux team members will email you back, shortly.
Subscribe to our blog on more ways to add value to your home, real estate market trends and everything you need to know about living in the Valley of the Sun.